Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I Love Waking Up on a Mountain - Camping Trip to Matucana

So, why a random two-day camping trip? Well, I'm not exactly sure, but basically Perú  recently announced a two-day national holiday. It has something to do with Arab ambassadors coming to town, and perhaps that it was to keep traffic down. So, we thought it was about time for a nice little trip as well. Most of the planning was done by Greg, the aspirant from Australia.

This blog is going to be pretty short, as I posted most of the photos on facebook and the events are best portrayed here. Here is a link to that album:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151182575404165.470258.505004164&type=1&l=3fb503eb19

But, overall, I had one of the best times of my life.

  • Hiking/Climbing: the most extreme I've ever done and probably met my limits
  • Camping: on rocks cramped in a tent with 4 other guys. Terribly uncomfortable but doable for one night
  • Bath in Pools below Waterfall: does it get any better than that? Cold, but beautiful. 
  • Mountains: It always nice waking up in the mountains. 
  • Campfire: Grilling Chorizo, having some drinkings, and sharing stories. All next to a small waterfall in the mountains. 
Most of all, sharing the experience with an amazing group of men. The entire group is eager to live life to the fullest and pursue adventure and grow in authentic friendship. Perfect for a camping trip in the mountains. I am so grateful to have them in my life, and without a doubt such friendship lies at the foundation of what it means to be human. 

I'm so thankful to God for these few days of true leisure (I don't know that I've ever felt so refreshed). I'm ready to get back to it! 


Just the right size for a bath tub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment